Followers

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Boots Haul

I've been using my treSonic facial cleanser for nearly a month and due to the dramatic changes in my skin, my uber moisturising and deep cleansing products normally used have been banished to the back for the (bulging) bathroom cabinet.


I've therefore decided to treat myself to some new products and raided Boots today like a woman possessed. Armed with a £5 off Boots No7 voucher, and a £10 gift voucher, I was as happy as a kid at Christmas. Nothing makes my day like a bit of retail therapy, especially when I can justifiably treat my skin to a few products by way of a thank you for behaving (for once!!).  After power-shopping the Next sale yesterday (£91 in 13 minutes, £7 per minute. A new personal best), I thought I'd better make this trip a 'bag a bargain day'. So what did I get?


Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Foaming Cleanser - £9 for 150ml (only £4 with my £5 off voucher!)





According to Dr Mike Bell, Boots Scientific skincare advisor, “This cleanser is effective at removing excess oils and unblocking pores, leaving skin shine-free and feeling thoroughly cleansed.”. I've wanted a foaming cleanser to try with my treSonic since I bought it, but didn't want to mess with my usual products so I could be sure of the results I was getting. I'm nervous that it might be a little harsh, as I normally err away from face washes in favour of creamy cleansers, however with my newly clear, less dry skin I'm going to give it a try, it's soap free and at £4, if I don't get on with it I won't lose any sleep.


Sanctuary Youth Boost Cleansing Oil - £12.99 for 150mls





I've bought this cleansing oil as a cheaper alternative to my usual Dermalogical Pre-Cleanse oil which I've just run out of. I will use this for my initial cleanse to get rid of make up, and follow it with a second cleanse with the treSonic to rid my skin of impurities and any left over make up. At £34 for the Dermalogica offering, if this is good alternative I will be really pleased. The reviews on boots website are good, so I'll let you know!


Boots Simply Sensitive Gently Refreshing Toner - £1.34 (!!) for 200ml



I don't rate toners particularly, and view them as an expensive way to remove traces of cleanser, so after running out of my Decleor Aroma Cleanse Tonifying lotion, I was loathed to spend a lot on replacing it. That said, I really didn't expect to get anything that cheaply. If it wasn't for the fact it's from Boot's Sensitive range, I'd have been nervous of it acting like paint stripper (Clinique Clarifying Lotion - I'm talking to you!), but I'm ever the optimist and again at £1.34 I really don't think I can have gone wrong.


Boots Vitamin E SPF 15 Eye Cream - £2.54 for 15ml





I gained two unwelcome "gifts" for my 30th birthday in May. Under eye lines. Wrinkles, creases, call them what you like but the b@stard things came to stay and now won't leave. So for the first time, I've started buying anti-ageing products (this is probably a case of locking the stable door after the horse has bolted but better late than never...). That said, I've tried two different brand eye creams with Q10 and react to both of them with sore, red eyes. Given that my eyes and skin in general are sensitive I've decided to try to 'fix' my fine lines by moisturising the bejesus out of them and am going to give this a go. Fingers crossed!




Last but not least, I bought Stila Convertable colours, lips and cheeks in Gladiola - £16.







Bright, sunshine peachy-orange, don't mind if I do! Even if the weather is miserable, my face is going to be a tropical dream. I adore cream blushers, and the bolder the better as my face just absorbs colour. Whilst it might look quite bold here, on my pale skin any muted tones make me look as though I need a wash. The brighter the better I say! I think it might be a bit pastel for a lip colour but I'll give it a try and you can let me know what you think.


Ok so that's today's haul. You'll be pleased to know I've also gone a bit crazy on QVC, buying some Revitalash the amazing eyelash growth serum, Judith Williams Wrinkle Relax Fresh Cell Serum, and a load of BareMinerals goodies. So much to saving money!! Blog to follow when they've all arrived.













1 comment:

  1. hey hun,
    You never got back to me if you wanted to join the Valentines Box Swap! There is no email for you on your post so not sure how to get hold of you, If you still want to, there is still time before we draw the pairs! Email me on fatbeautyx@gmail.com before the 31st so that I can send you the form to fill in and you can still take part! :)

    lucie
    www.fatbeautyx.co.uk

    ReplyDelete